Alexandra Park map
Permanent course relaunched in 2017. The park was used for training in the formative years of STAG. Although small by day, by including the golf course it becomes a fine venue for night events. Maps available via British Orienteering Permanent Course Portal.
With 10 controls the permanent course will take approximately 30 minutes to walk round.
Donated to the city by Alexander Dennistoun who gave his name to the outlying district.
Main entrance purchased in 1866 from adjoining landowner, William Stewart.
Officially opened in 1870 by The Prince and Princess of Wales.
The cast iron fountain, dating from 1901, was restored in 2000.
104 acres in area incorporating a 9 hole golf course and bowling greens.
Large play area.
2 ponds which attract a variety of wildlife.
Incorporating Haghill Park Primary & Sports Centre.