Glasgow Green map
STAG’s use of this park has been limited to summer evening events.
The flat nature of the Park provides an ideal venue for novices with a limited physical challenge.
The permanent orienteering course here utilises the historic nature of the area with no additional markers being installed.
Map packs available to download via BOF website.
Glasgow’s oldest park was acquired in 1662.
Formerly used for washing and bleaching of linen, grazing cattle and drying salmon nets.
Adjacent to the River Clyde & High Court.
The People’s Palace traces Glasgow’s history and development.
First British Monument to Lord Nelson was erected in 1866 by public subscriptions.
Winter Gardens adjacent to People’s Palace.
The Heritage Lottery Fund has financed a major upgrade of the whole area.
The Doulton Fountain has been restored & moved to the front of the Peoples Palace.