Kelvingrove Park map
First used by STAG in 1989, the area is a regular on the “Come & Try” circuit.
In 1999, the Park World Tour held an event in Kelvingrove which attracted the World’s Elite orienteers to Glasgow.
The permanent course utilises the history of the park as there are no additional markers, only the permanent features to navigate to !
Acquired in 1852 & designed by Sir Joseph Paxton.
Major Exhibitions held in 1888, 1901 and 1911.
85 acres in area.
Several monuments including a cast iron fountain.
Incorporates Glasgow Art Gallery and Museum re-opened 2006.
Play areas and pond.
Tennis, bowls and croquet lawns.
Venue for 2014 Commonwealth Games Bowling.
Location details: Kelvingrove - Glasgow G12
Bounded by Dumbarton Rd., Argyle St., Sauchiehall St., Park Circus, Gibson St. & University Av.