Ruchill Park map
Due to the building of Ben View School Campus the reduced park size has meant that a permanent course is no longer viable.
First used by STAG in 1991 as part of “The Year Of Sport”, this park provides a sound introduction to orienteering.
Acquired in 1892 covering an area of 52 acres.
The artificial mound, topped by the flagpole, was formed from 24,000 cart loads of material.
It is known locally as “Ben Whitton” after Mr.James Whitton who was then Head ofParks Department.
3 play areas.
Extensive views of Campsie Fells and Ben Lomond.
New Primary School Campus to be built in 2010 on old football pitches.